Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Benefits of Repeat Business by a Carpet Cleaning Firm

What are the benefits of repeat business? (Question from eLocal blog)
What are the advantages of consistently working with the same professional? Do you offer discounts for repeat customers or faster service? How do you, as professionals, try to ensure that you establish long-term relationships with clients? Are there times when you won’t work with a customer again? What can customers do to keep good relationships with their favorite professional?
Answer: (as a eLocal expert vendor)
From the perspective of a service professional:
I like repeat clients! I like the ones that appreciate the service I provide and the ones that pay timely.
·         It saves me the acquisition cost of the new client.
·         My crew is familiar with them from having serviced them previously.  They obviously had a good experience from the previous time, or they would not have called again to be serviced.
·         Since we are a cleaning and restoration firm, competition is fierce and people often go for the cheapest cleaner.  We happen not to be the cheapest and thus it validates the value proposition that we put before our clients.
·         With repeat clients one builds a valuable relationship which extends to referrals and more business.
·         I approach my clients not a cleaner, but a solutions provider.  I want them to call me not just for their carpet cleaning needs, but advise on anything that pertains to their home or business and the maintenance of their properties.  This gives me the opportunity to serve them in more areas.
·         If I bring value to them, when there is a need for a vendor when they have a water damage or fire/smoke damage (where the scope of the work) is much more than Air-Duct cleaning, we both benefit from the repeat business.
·         When I have serviced a client before, I emotionally want to make sure they are a valued more.  I appreciate their business more.  It comes naturally to me.
·         I would gladly offer a better price to someone with I continually do business and have a relationship.
To establish a better relationship with our clients, we follow-up after each job how they were served.  We send them a Thank-you card after the follow-up call.  If we have their e-Mail address, we will also send them a brief questionnaire to see how our service was with the simple question, if they would use us again or not.
When clients do not pay for one reason or another, we will mark them not to be served again in our systems.  Very few have called back over the years.
From the perspective as a customer:
I have a HVAC contractor who served me well last year.  A few years back a plumber served me well.  I have a “handy-man” who served me well.  I pay these folks timely and they give me a great price.  I use them in my business to serve my clients.  Since I have established a good relationship with a few of these folks, they give a little extra attention to my clients.  This is a win-win for my clients, the vendors I personally use and an opportunity for me to be profitable.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great. I run a business name carpet cleaning service here in Australia. I love finding high quality sites like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the awesome information about the cleaning your carpet regularly.Thanks for your great information on it.

    Carpet Cleaning Melbourne

    ReplyDelete